Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Anneliese & Gilead ~ September 2, 2007







The rain didn't ruin this beauitful day. I began working with Anneliese and Gilead just about 3 months before they tied the knot. We selected the beautiful and historic Marriott Plaza Hotel Conference Center for the site of the wedding and reception. The Marriott Plaza really does a wonderful job. This venue is one of my favorites. The ceremony was held in front of the fountain underneath the gorgeous oak trees. As the guests arrived they were greated to wooden fans and lemonade. The bridesmaids looked wonderful in their blue and chocolate colored dresses. And then men looked very handsome in their brown tuxedos. Anneliese was glowing as she walked down the aisle. I LOVED her flowers. They were so pretty. The French Connection did her flowers and my wonderful florist did a beautiful job at bringing to life our vision. Not many couples choose to write their own vows like this couple did. It was so special!!

Following the ceremony we had just enough time to get a few formal pictures before the rain began. It was not a problem though. We were able to quickly move the cocktail reception and everyone stayed dry.

One of my favorite things this couple chose to do was instead of having a traditional wedding cake they wanted pie! And lots of pie!! We had every single flavor of pie that we could get from Marie Callendars. It was so much fun.
The guests loved it.

Following dinner and pie everyone made their way into the dancing room where they witnessed the toast and the first dances. I could hardly keep from crying during the mother son dance. It was so touching. Once the slow first dances were done this group was ready to turn things up. It seemed like all othe guests enjoyed themselves on the dance floor. I really pride myself in working with wonderful vendors who will make my client's day special. The French Connection provided the DJ services and their guests danced until their shoes came off! Literally.
The gals all had their shoes off.
Everyone had a really great time.


Here is a note from the bride:

From: anneliese r.
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2007 8:15 AM
To: Tracy French
Subject: Thank you

Good Morning Tracy!

First, I want to say thank you so much! Our wedding truely was perfect. I could not have asked for anything more. Your photographers even went out of their way to teach our guests how to line dance. It was wonderful! I can not wait to get the pictures back.

Well thank you again and if there is anything I can do, please let me know. You and Alex are the best!

Anneliese

No comments: